Peter Yong Kuen Fook Chairman
Chong Peng Khang Member
Yap Koon Roy Member
The principal objectives of the Nomination Committee is to assist the Board in their responsibilities in nominating new nominees to the Board. The Nomination Committee shall also assess the performance of the Directors of Hock Heng on an on-going basis.
2. Composition of members
The Board of Directors shall elect the Nomination Committee members from amongst themselves, composed exclusively of Non-Executive Directors, a majority of whom are independent. The term of office of the Nomination Committee shall be for a period of three (3) years and may be re-nominated and appointed by the Board from time to time.
The Chairman of the Nomination Committee shall be elected from amongst the Nomination Committee members and shall be an Independent Director. The Chairman of the Nomination Committee shall be approved by the Board.
In the absence of the Chairman, the other Independent Director shall be the Chairman for that meeting.
The Secretary of the Nomination Committee shall be Hock Heng’s Secretary.
The Nomination Committee may meet together for the despatch of business, adjourn and otherwise regulate their meetings, at least once a year or more frequently as deemed necessary. The Chairman may call for additional meetings at any time at the Chairman’s discretion.
The Secretary shall on the requisition of the members of the Nomination Committee summon a meeting of the Nomination Committee except in the case of an emergency, reasonable notice of every Nomination Committee meeting shall be given in writing.
A quorum shall consist of two (2) members, one of whom shall be the Chairman of the Committee.
The Nomination Committee shall, in accordance with a procedure or process to be determined by the Board and at the expense of Hock Heng,
- shall annually review the required mix of skills and experience and other qualities, including core competencies which Non-Executive and Executive Directors should have.
- shall assess on an annual basis, the effectiveness of the Board as a whole, the committees of the Board and for assessing the contribution of each individual Director.
- shall be entitled to the services of a company secretary who must ensure that all appointments are properly made, that all necessary information is obtained from Directors, both for the company’s own records and for the purposes of meeting statutory obligations, as well as obligations arising from the Listing Requirements of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad or other regulatory requirements.
8. Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Nomination Committee are as follows:-
- To recommend to the Board of Directors, candidates for all directorships to be filled by the Shareholders or the Board of Directors. In making its recommendations, the Nomination Committee would consider the candidates’ :-
- skills, knowledge, expertise and experience;
- integrity; and
- in the case of the candidates for the position of Independent Non-Executive Directors, the Nomination Committee would evaluate the candidates’ ability to discharge such responsibilities/functions as expected from independent non-executive Directors;
- To consider, in making its recommendations, candidates for directorships proposed by the Chief Executive Officer and, within the bounds of practicability, by any other senior executive or any Director or Shareholder;
- To recommend to the Board of Directors the nominees to fill the seats on Board Committees;
- To assess the effectiveness of the Board of Directors as a whole and each individual Director/committee of the Board, including Independent Non-Executive Directors, as well as the Chief Executive Officer annually. All assessments and evaluations carried out by the Nomination Committee in the discharge of all its functions to be properly documented;
- To act in line with the directions of the Board; and
- To consider and examine such other matters as the Nomination Committee considers appropriate.